Fried Okra Gets a New Look!

Posted by SimplyAmusingDesigns.com | 8:35 AM | | 1 comments »

When Megan of Fried Okra first contacted me about her upcoming blog anniversary, I was positively estatic about redesigning her blog for her.

She said that she wanted something that spoke "welcome" to her readers and suggested a porch swing or something of that nature. So, I commenced to look for a porch swing or something of that nature. (I'm so complicated, no?) However, finding a porch swing in stock photos that either did not have people already in it, or was large enough (as in wide) proved to be quite a challenge.

I sent her several shots that I thought would work (I was thinking I would just crop them down if necessary) and she picked out this photo:


Now, at first glance, I thought the photo would work - it was 819 pixels wide. What I wasn't counting on was the thing that Megan loved most about the photo was the arched windows. Ay-yi-yi. The only way I could keep the arches was to shrink the photo by at least half, which would mean it would then be only 410 pixels wide, about half the size I needed. What to do? I had already sold her on the photo - and now it was too small. (oh the horror!)

So I manufactured the rest of the photo in Photoshop - it took a bit of manipulation, but I think the outcome was beautiful. Her eye for color and detail was a guiding force in the overall design, but she left the details completely up to me. I think it's one of my absolute favorite designs so far - what do you think?




Photobucket

Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.

1 comments

  1. Melissa Stover // August 6, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

    i think you did an awesome job. i was just admiring her blot the other day.